Dr. Melissa Cofer PT, DPT, CLT
Melissa Cofer, PT, DPT, CLT is a physical therapist and certified lymphedema therapist.
Melissa’s education and training includes:
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Texas State University
- Master of Arts in Women’s and Gender Studies from The University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from The University of Texas at Austin
- Academy of Lymphatic Studies (ACOLS) Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Melissa has specialty training in oncology rehabilitation and lymphedema therapy since 2016. She initiated and developed the outpatient lymphedema program at Baylor Scott & White (Pflugerville/Round Rock). Melissa also has clinical training in cancer rehab, lymphedema, and pelvic health from Oncology Rehab (Denver, CO) and St. David’s South Austin Medical Center.
She has presented on lymphedema and cancer rehab to support groups, physicians, and therapists. Melissa is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association, the Section on Women’s Health, and the Oncology Section.
Dr. Angela Wicker-Ramos PT, DPT, CLT-LANA
Angela Wicker-Ramos PT, DPT, CLT- LANA is the owner, certified lymphedema therapist, and oncology physical therapist for Cancer Rehab Austin and Director of Health and Wellness at Texas Oncology.
Angela has received the following degrees and certifications:
- Doctorate of physical therapy from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Master's of physical therapy from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Bachelor's of science in kinesiology from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Bachelor's of science in allied health sciences from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Academy of Lymphatic Studies (ACOLS) certified lymphedema therapist.
- Lymphology Association of North America(LANA) certified lymphedema therapist.
- Survivorship training and rehabilitation (STAR) program from 2012–2015
- Physiological Oncology Rehabilitation Institute (PORi) oncology rehab certification.
- Training through the APTA on Women's Health and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- She has advanced training in head/neck lymphedema and genital lymphedema treatments.
Since 2008 her specialty areas have focused on oncology rehabilitation, lymphedema treatment with continued education in pelvic floor rehab. She has developed several successful outpatient oncology and lymphedema programs at different locations/clinics including:
- Lovelace Women’s Hospital
- Sullivan Physical Therapy
- Seton Medical Center Austin
- Seton Breast Care Center
Angela participates in community and national presentations/educational events including:
- Guest lecturer for the physical therapy doctorate program at Texas State University
- Oncology Rehab Continuing Education Course for Medical Professionals on PTWebucation
- Local support group presentations
- Breast Cancer Resource Center
- Cancer Support Community of Central Texas
- Livestrong at the YMCA
- Art Bra Austin (link to her art bra)
She has also been interviewed regarding oncology rehabilitation and lymphedema for the following:
- The Stupid Cancer (link to the recorded show)
- The Dr. Carol Show
- Pelvic Zen Blog Radio
- Beyond the Boobie Trap (link to the recorded show)
- Seton Healthline (link to the recorded show)
- Dr. Jarod Carter Radio Blog
Angela has been a frequent guest speaker at Austin Community College’s Moving Beyond Cancer educational events, and has presented on women's health to the faculty at Texas State University. She was a member of the Seton oncology work team (one of Seton rehab’s special interest groups) and continues to contribute to the Multidisciplinary Cancer Conferences at both the Cancer Care Collaborative of Seton and St. David's Hospital. The conferences include breast cancer, head and neck cancer and general cancer topics. She has been a member of the National Lymphedema Network (NLN) since 2008. She is also a member of the National Association of Professional Women.