Agnes Nowakowski is the oncology acupuncturist at Cancer Rehab Austin.
Agnes has advanced oncology training from:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center Integrative Medicine program.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Fundamentals of Oncology Acupuncture.
- She holds a BS in Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Microbiology. Agnes integrates functional medicine into her treatments.
- Her knowledge of blood chemistry allows her to explain lab results and evaluate diagnostic tests from a holistic perspective.
- Active member of the Society of Acupuncture Research, and Society of Integrative Oncology.
- She regularly attends workshops and conferences on incorporating acupuncture into oncology care.
- Agnes frequently presents to local cancer support groups and other practitioners within her field to increase knowledge and awareness of oncology acupuncture and integrative medicine.
Agnes is the owner of Highland Lakes Acupuncture in Bee Cave Texas where she maintains a general practice.
She is an active member of The Society For Integrative Oncology, promoting holistic options for all cancer patients. She works closely with your oncology team in providing a treatment plan and supporting your recovery.
In collaboration with Highland Lakes Acupuncture, Agnes provides services in the infusion room at Texas Oncology Central. This has allowed her to treat many patients during active chemotherapy infusions, building her experience and expertise.
She also provided care to participants of Stiletto Stampede for the Cure "Boob Camp" rehabilitation program. This program focused on breast cancer survivors as they recovered from various surgeries. She continues to use acupuncture to alleviate pain and discomfort, stimulate tissue regeneration to aid in scar repair and increasing mobility.